Sunday, December 26, 2010

Verona

I met up with a high school friend, Manny Gentinetta, and we spent a day in the pouring rain in Verona. Here are some shots from the town hailed as the setting for Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.


 Better lucky than good.  Umbrella Man walked in front of the camera while I was taking this shot providing a nice effect. 


A typical Italian pizza kitchen, complete with brick oven and lots of firewood.


 Manny, a true world traveler, guides bike tours in Italy (during the norther hemisphere summer) and Argentina (during the southern hemisphere summer).  Italian is his 3rd fluent language.

 My first time eating roasted chestnuts.  They are amazing...it's no wonder there's a Christmas song about them.

Juliet's house...or so they say.  When I downloaded the trip photos, I discovered that I had a dozen or so shots of the walkway leading up to Juliet's house, which is apparently where people write love notes, but I didn't get a single photo of Juliet's balcony.  In the movie, "Letters to Juliet," there's absolutely no grafitti on these walls.


For more on Manny, the dude who rode his bicycle from Alaska to Argentina (15,000+ miles) after high school, check out his website: http://www.bikeitsolo.com/

No comments: