Sunday, December 26, 2010

California

Cassy and I spent 2+ weeks in California visiting with our families and enjoying 3 (I'm not kidding) Thanksgiving dinners.  It was great to see everyone.

With only one day of sunshine in the forecast, Chance and I were anxious to do some climbing.  About 12 hours after stepping off the plane, we met Dave Harden for some nice sport climbing in the sun.

Chance

Dave


A day later, this happened...


...and we did lots of this for the next week...




 "Downtown" Twain Harte.  This is where I grew up.  Population 3,700.

 Chance and drove around in his Tacoma digging cars out of the ditch.  Here we helped clear some downed trees from the road.

 Gorgeous views between storms from my family's deck in Twain Harte


 Zinc, named from the periodic table, avoids blending in by wearing camouflage.


 No sleds?  No problem.  In this part of the state, we sled on dog food bags.  Did I mention that Cassy grew up on a ranch?




Cassy's horses during a snowstorm









For our first Thanksgiving dinner, we "wigged out."  Not to brag, but I rocked the mullet.



 Randy

 Janine

 Mel

Michael: so sassy

 Katie

 Janae and Cassy

No comments: